Backend developer in Amsterdam
Nyon is a growing startup company, delivering mobile and web applications for fashion buying. We focus on our mix of strong technical skills with a deep inside understanding of how fashion buying works.
Why join us?
- Experience the joy of seeing other people (who don't care about IT) smile because of our product
- Develop yourself, both on a technical and a personal level
- Be part of a cool team that works together, teaches each other and helps each other out to book success
- A competitive salary
- A yearly training budget including three days off
What will you be working on?
Implementation of a complete backend, with challenges like:
- Synchronization with our app
- Input from and output to our customer's software partners
- Data mapping algorithms
- Maintain and write test cases for all functionalities
- Professionalize the development further with better tools
Keywords: Python, Django, REST APIs, Ansible, Vagrant, Amazon AWS, RabbitMQ, Github
Who should you be?
The perfect Nyon programmer scores points with a handful (or more) of these qualities:
- You take pride in delivering work of high quality - While we're at it, we love to see some of your projects!
- You have a Getting Things Done spirit - Regardless whether you use David Allen's technique or your own
- You take initiative and responsibility - You own the code, it's up to you to improve it
- You have experience with automatic software testing - We don't want to waste our time pushing buttons like a monkey
- You are a definitive team player - You are awarded a silver medal in speaking and a golden medal in listening
If you want to have fun in a great working environment, don't hesitate to send your introduction along with your CV to Erwin Rossen (click contact button below).